Friday, September 4, 2009

Life is just a Fantasy












Friday September 4rth, 2009

Dear Diary,

Am feeling loss today, had my # 1 shortstop go down with bad hamstring, needing MRI. Why does this happen to me ?, I planned all year, I drafted well, I traded when I needed too, I watched to make sure I sent the right pitchers against my fiercest competition. Then Michael Young of the Texas Rangers went and got injured on me.

I know, I know, he plays 3rd base now for the Rangers, young Elvis Andrus patrols short in Arlington, but Mike did last year, so in fantasy terms he still qualifies to play 2009 at shortstop. It's too hard to explain all this, I'd have to begin explaining the whole scoresheet world, and I don't have time.

Mike DC would understand, wouldn't you Michael ?

Well Diary, yet again, more injuries, well not like 2008 when I lost 3/5Th's of my rotation, Kelvim Escobar, Chin Ming Wang, Jered Weaver, then it got worse. The injury bug filtered out onto the infield, and Aaron Hill clunked his noggin and had the woozies fro 6 months. Eric Chavez was well, Eric Chavez, and had multiple ailments of back, knee and shoulder. So he was done for 08'. Then Torji Hunter, Alfonso Soriano and well, there's the ballgame.

So I consulted the mystical Gods of Fantasy, and employed a psychic, spoke to the High Llama, and read Bill James, and made some alterations before last winter's draft. Hazzah, things started to work, Mike Napoli hit better than anybody I ever drafted at catcher, Paul Konerko made me feel better about Jason Giambi's slide into oblivion. Scott Rolen hit, and Torji Hunter hit, and Aaron could see clearly, and he hit, and drafting Matt Holliday did not hurt, and he hit. So, suddenly Michael Young wasn't so alone on my team, and of course Mike hit too.

So losing Michael Young was just another reminder that I do not call the shots, that there is a higher power at work, that destiny is not designed, drafted or manipulated, it is karma, baby, karma, and I don't have it. So I dealt for Julio Lugo, and whistled down to Union Station, because Diary, I aim to cheat the Reaper, he'll not collect this soul that easily.

Final Note: BJ Upton tweaked his ankle after colliding with Carl Crawford last night, reminder to send a cheque to the guy who sold me those VooDoo Dolls of my closest competition, The Evil Empire in Thunder Bay, ah ....if you read this Glen, just kidding about the Evil Empire stuff.

We'll see if my Elephants can plod along and make the post season for the first time in 8 years, maybe it's time, or maybe the I make the Gods angry.

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment