Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada Day

Across this great country, we celebrate our togetherness, our diversity our uniquenesss, and I hope you all did something that was truly Canadian.
I started off reading last nights boxscores, drove through Tim Hortons for a double double, and cut the grass.
I also OD'd on TSN's Free Agent Frenzy and caught a few innings of the Jays loss to Cleveland.
No fireworks today or tonite, but my Leafs added 2 decent forwards, and I BBQ'd for my son and I as we managed with the women away. My daughter is in New York, and the wife is visiting family up north, so other than some laundry, and a quick clean up, my day was devoted to what waas happening in the NHlL, NBA and MLB. Does it get any better ? Nope.
Some observations ( as I watch the ALs and Sask game ) on what this day means to me.
# 1 - I display a Canadian flag to show patriotism, as I am Canadian
# 2 - I walked the dog, and we discussed why Cito Gaston has lost his marbles.
# 3 - Like most Canadians, my lawn is an important extension of my outdoor abilities.
# 4 - Brian Burke had to do something today, just to justify all the rhetoric ahead of time.
# 5 - I hate anything to do with Twilight, don't get me started. Go watch Toy Story 3 instead.
# 6 - I "live" for fantasy baseball, 24/7 -365 I am always thinking about how to improve.
# 7 - My kids are awesome, just awesome.
# 8 - When my wife is away, I never stay up late, smoke cigars or drink whiskey, and I miss her
# 9 - I wear sportsgear because it makes me feel closer to the players, well maybe it'sd more.
#10 - I am a proud Canadian , proud Jays, Leafs and Argos fan, so sue me.
Happy Canada Day Everyone !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment