Monday, November 22, 2010

Let them eat cake

Every Dog Has his day

Tomorrow I celebrate another anniversary of the day I was born, and I never forget for one minute how damn lucky I am.

Family will be there and that is what's important to me. Presents are nice, but uneccessary, as my best present is life and what you experience in it.

In terms of what life has brought me, it's a wonderful 28 year relationship with my wife, a 26 year marriage, and my kids.

The fact that my father is still going at 88, and my 2 sisters have good families of their own. My workmates enjoy my company, and my company respects my talents, so what else is there ?

Well we can hope for our fave teams and players to do well, win the odd championship, but I have had 4 Stanley Cups, 3 Grey Cups, and 6 Super Bowl wins from my teams, plus of course 2 World Series wins, and fantasy baseball, I have 2 Hockey and 2 Baseball championships to boot.

I have everything I could want, so let me use my birthday wish for the following;

1.  How about 10 days of no murders in North America
2.  How about the end to this crap in Afganistan, bring the Canadian boys home for Christmas
3.  While we are at it, can I not offend anyone by saying " Merry Christmas " ??
4.  Can Rob Ford stay on his diet for 2 weeks, the guy looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.
5.  Can the Leafs win enough to make the last month interesting again.
6.  A light snow on Christmas day.
7.  A few more day baseball games
8.  A new puppy in 2011, please....

No comments:

Post a Comment