Monday, May 30, 2011

Mitch McCullough arrives !

Mitch as in Pitch

This weekend we added to the family numbers with a 9 week old golden doodle, named Mitch.
He will never replace my 2 golden retrievers, but once up to speed is my new walking buddy.
Mitch knows nothing of baseball, so there is first a learning curve where I must be patient and make him understand the fundamentals.
Hate the Yankees
Hate them with a passion.
Well, that is a good start.

Walking the dogs was an activity I always enjoyed, as written before it allowed me to vociferate my potentially draft strategies, and line up cards.

Mitch so far seems to favour smelling anything and everything, so his attention span is pretty weak.


My new companion will also help me shed some unwanted girth, once he is able to handle a walk longer than 5 minutes. Plus he is not trained in the art of walking beside me. That will come, and then we can discuss the hatrid of the Yankees, and hell, the Red Sox as well.



Here is the young lad after bathing prior to his trip to Mississauga.

He leaves 3 brothers and 3 sisters behind and has already developed in instinct for chasing the ball.
I think if you train the kids at an early age, they are yours to mold.

Plus hating the Yankees is essential, same for the damn Red Sox. 



Today he visited my wife's employer, to ooohs and awes, of course, but when I get home, he is mine to command, Jays and Tribe on tonight, so we have to of course explain that the Jays are the chosen ones, and the Tribe are just riff raff masquerading as a first place club. After taking 3 of 4 from the White Sox, it looks like it is time to beat up on the Central division.  Why not ?  Well that will be lesson 2, after " why and how to hate the Yankees ".

Mitch, rest up lad, school begins tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment