Wednesday, December 19, 2012

First off, a Christmas Wish goes out to anyone who has had the misfortune to stumble across this blog, and find it interesting enough to bother reading, so thanks to Brad, Mike, Luke, Clark, my son Kevin, Aaron and Andrew.
I guess I have not excatly made any progress with trhe female demographic, have I ?





Christmas is a time of giving, so this blog is devoted to giving out pine cones to the good folks and lumps of coal to those who deserve it most.

My first pine cone goes out to the families of the victims of the recent madness in Conneticutt. My heart goes out to you.

My second pine cone award goes to Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto, because rarely do local politicians give me so much pleasure and amusement.  His antics and pratfalls are the stuff of legends.

My first lump of coal goes to anyone stupid enough to agree with "guns don't kill people, people kill people" theories. Don't waste your breathe speaking.

Another lump goes to whoever booked the musical acts at Londo Olympics, get real folks, who werer those acts. The Who and Sir Paul, but yech on the rest.

More coal lumps to Yunel Escobar and the idiots that let this kid go out and embarass the organistion.

Oh, and a reminder that Paul Beeston allowed him to continue to play and represent the team then sold off as fast as he could means he had  abest before date stamped on him.

Pine Cones to Mike and Luke for their dance of romance during game 1 of 162 in jubilation. Was not even the game winning hit, guys got the bromance going. Give em that.

A box of Turtles and a new sweater to Anthopolous for his impersonation of Pat Gillick, his Trader Pat ended his saga as Standing Pat, or Alex.  Marlin deal, Melky, then Dickey, netted us a rotation not based on Romero as the ace. Can anyone remember the crappy summer, not now.

I would like to give a bucket of coal to Bill O'Reilly at Fox, but the would burn and not care about pollution, and I would really like the Kardashians to just go away.

Since I cannot control those matters, let us leave with a hopes for a safe and wonderful Christmas, and a pennant in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment