Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Trade before Christmas.

It was the trade before Christmas andall throught the house, I was grinning ear to ear.

Happiness is a warm gun, quote the Beatles, but for me it is a wonderful off season fantasy baseball trade.

I finished in the wild card slot, due to a unspectacular September, and the loss of Garrett Richards with a season ending injury, then the Rays shut down Drew Smyly just to make sure my carcas was done.

So we lost an owner after the season ended, it happens, but up sprouts a new owner, eager and looking for deals.

He sends Pedroia for Machado, which I think is okay in my books,  then after a few e-mails, where upon I ask about 23 year old Marcus Stroman,and he offers me Lorenzo Cain, and Stroman for my 8th round pick and Brett Gardner.  I asked the junior partner ( my son ) and faster than Jackie Robinson can say Jackie Robinson, he says make the deal before he changes his mind.

The deal in half an hour is concluded before anyone get get on their kerchielf or night cap and winter's naps have begun.

Visions of a strengthened centre field defense danced through my head, and an ace on the mound, and it's ain't Saint Nick, but young Stroman out on the new fallen snow, gave a lot of luster, despite the lack of snow.

Wax poetic, I do, it is the happiness of a wonderful trade before Christmas.

Now if I can permitted to be a sight Scrooge like in looking for some replacement picks perhaps for young Santiago, and longtime Elephant Matt Holliday.


No comments:

Post a Comment