Sunday, April 5, 2020

I should be on a cruise right now

Me enjoying breakfast with Cindy

  Well, it's been 26 days since I have been out of the house, and I admit to be getting a little stir crazy. I started writing this blog a few years ago, at the urging of Mike DeCiantis and Clark Luby, two co workers of mine. They thought of me as somewhat of an expert in sports, and with something to say about it. They urged me to put in writing, actually introduced me to the world of blogs.
Actually I have been laying low for quite a while longer than that, except for occasional walks around the back pathways leading to the school where my two kids started their road on.
I passed walkers , dogs on leashes, mommies pushing carriages, and bike riders, always giving them more than adequate space, or just turning around in the opposite direction.

My interest in blogging has waned substantially over the past 30 odd days, well ever since the season came to an abrupt halt, both hockey and the upcoming baseball season. Not to mention the expectation surrounding the Raptors run to the finish line. My whole day became about the next blog, thinking about an angle to write about, and then formulating sentences and paragraphs. It's just nowadays , my thoughts have turned to "how long will I be cooped up".

First off, the was winter , the snow, the cold weather, that prohibited me from getting out, except for the usual grocery shopping, turns at the walking track, and other errands until my wife's retirement.
Then she retired, then the virus took hold of the world, with an icy grip, and refused to let go.

Daily blogs turned into every other day, turned into every 3 days, then once a week. But the worst part of this experience has been not seeing my family, my two kids, my two grand-kids.

Well, enough is enough, I have decided to break out and start writing again, to illustrate, to illuminate, to recognize, to lionize what I have missed on a daily basis. Sports is a diversion, a temporary distraction from daily strife and daily burdens.

Starting tomorrow, and each day after that ,I promise to write a blog a day. I should be on a cruise right now, with Cindy's neice Linda and her husband Andy, but as you guessedit, I am writing a blog.

Why ? because it's what I do, that's why.

The last bit of land as you venture out to sea from Florida




No comments:

Post a Comment