Saturday, August 1, 2009

Open letter to Jim Balsillie
















Hi Jim,

I know you have this thing going on in Glendale, Arizona, with the NHL and the ownership of the Phoenix Coyotes, but should endeavor falter, perhaps you might want to cast your eyes to Toronto, whereupon you will find a franchise urgently in need of passion, and a fresh approach.
I suspect that you might be thinking about the Toronto Maple Leafs, no, not them, I think Brian Burke and his people have that on track, or at least they better.

No, I was referring to a certain baseball organisation called the Toronto Blue Jays. Maybe you should reconsider the whole hockey thing because I think you could work out a deal with Rogers, let them sell the team but maintain the right to promote their products and network, and keep the park named for at least the next 5 years.

But Jim, consider that you do not have to move the team, just find a way to cross promote your products, and with your business acumen and ability to galvanize fans around the 7th NHL team in Canada concept.

The Rogers folks I think would gladly consider ridding themselves of the team, and the civic responsibility, and your passion for the local Canadian sports scene would be received extremely well by the baseball fans. Of course I would expect you'd pony up some serious coin to make this team competitive with th Yankees and Red Sox. If you need any help, just call me. On my blackberry !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment