Friday, August 14, 2009

Read the Signs

Neither can I dance either, so that leaves me blogging like crazy. I can read the signs, I just don't always understand them, like I can't read musical notes, but I know why there are important.

If this seems rambling, quite right, so let me get to the point. If you were a Toronto Blue Jays fans, what signs and message are they sending.

Is that the take sign, or do they want the guy to steal ? Are we bunting ? Is that a white flag, or a "go" sign ? I can't tell, can you tell me.

I think I just read in yesterday's Toronto Star that they are sending Jeremy Accardo back to Vegas, what ? to pick up his table winnings, to play a few hands of poker ? Am I nuts ?

Don't answer that.

Thanks to Luke for sending me the articles relating to the worst contracts in recent ball history, many of them are Jays deals gone sour.

I would take issue with the Wells deal simply because it was not an extension, and we had true competition from TEXAS RANGERS. Wells could have "gone home" and got that money from them, so does that make us stupid ? Not as much, he had been putting up great numbers, it's just that he's been injured of late, and the contract is back loaded, and here we are just about to pay him the big moolah and the team's hopes are flatter than a pancake, and so his contract and poor numbers on the field stick out more than let say Lyle Overbay's do.

Bob Dylan has written many songs, none of them seem right and appropriate to represent our predicament , however, how about "Beyond here lies nothing"....it maybe the closest to the state of affairs.

Folks, if we are consigned to the AL East, and we cannot tunnel our way out of this forsaken wilderness, we need to watch for signs of life in the organisation once the season ends, a good start would be tying the can to JP, 7 years, that's enough partner, hit the road. We need to see the "signs" that Mother Corporation Rogers has some game plan other than to beg Paul Beeston to take off the interim Prez tag and be the permanent top dog. I don't that is the answer though, I am hoping as the bobcat is for Washington National Exec Stan Kasten to take charge of this cesspool and re route it. Hopefully with a $ 125 million payroll commitment and GM that has a proven track record.

Raptors did it.

Leafs did it

Why can't we do it.

C'mon Rogers ! Show us a sign !!! Not just a Test pattern.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment