Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday Tim Bits


I like Tim Hortons, so giving out Tim Bits to others is like me handing out awards, so I thought today I would dole out some yearly awards, via the Tim Bit, since I hoard them.



Also, if I give out a sour cream, not a good sign for you, I hate those ones, and if you get a jelly filled one, consider yourself truly blessed.



Okay so let's get this party started....



A Tim Bit goes to Paul Beeston for finally giving up this "search" and realising that the Rogers brass are really only comfortable with you steering the Blue Jays fortunes. He has the experience, and for the next 3 years he will handle the hard selling job to the suits to get whatever budget The Beest decides will elevate the talent.



Of course he gets this winter to show which direction ( financially ) he and his baby GM are taking this team. So, Paul, right now, you get a Dutchie, or Double Chocolate, but if we emerge from the winter slumber to find ourselves with no Halladay, scant prospects and no free agent additions, gloves are off.




A Tim Bit goes to Scott Kazmir, because his throwing error against the Yankees was horrendous, but he was front and centre and did not avoid reporters, he admitted it was a little league type mistake, then corrected himself to say, A little leaguer would have made that throw better than I did. I F@&* ed up the play, I wish I had another chance. I applaud the honest athlete. Grab a coffee, and start dunking.


A Tim Bit goes to Jim Thome, who was asked whether he'd retire from baseball, since the LA Dodgers are unlikely to re sign him. Thome replied, of course I want to keep playing, I need to play, can you imagine what would happen to me if I didn't ? I can't play golf worth spit, and I'd end up gaining way too much weight, my wife would leave me. You have to love the passion the man brings.


A Sour Cream bit goes to Tony La Russa, the Cardinals, and Bud Selig for the signing of Mark McGwire as the new St.Louis hitting coach. I am sorry, but steroids aside, what makes Big Red qualified to reach hitters, and many young ones his art of swinging. Granted , the big guy could crank em out, but he struck out at an alarming rate as well. Sluggers never make good hitting instructors, as they are usually dead pull hitters, guess hitters who make their cake mashing fastballs, and off speed pitches left out and juicy to hit out. Sour Cream Bits all round for those in charge of that decision.


A Tim Bit goes to Joe Mauer, heck he should get a whole box of them, with MVP stamped on the side for his season, and consider he missed the 1st almost month of the season, can you imagine what numbers he'd have put up, plus he lost Morneau for almost all of September.


I am sending a whole bag of stale Tim Bits to the the crews of TBS, Fox, and the umpiring crews for the divisional series. This year marked the worst broad casted, and worst umpired. Ask Joe Mauer, heck ask any of the teams, they'd admit to some of the worst balls/strikes, and foul line calls, and with additional umps, you have to get that stuff right. Just ugly.


Individual awards are fleeting, but a Tim Bit, well that's truly a worth while return.



No comments:

Post a Comment