Saturday, April 3, 2010

My All Time favourites


Let's start on the mound.

If I have to build a rotation, let me start with Koufax.

I will go to battle with the man with the golden left arm said the prophet. He must have known about Sandy, he could defeat the enemies of the Dodgers, the Reds, he Braves, and especially the Giants.







The great "Catfish" Jim Hunter is my number 2 starter, he another hunter of big game, in BIG GAMES. I also preferred Catfish with his handle bar mustache in that A's uniform.









The Great Bob Gibson, he would knock down his grandmother one coach said about Bob. Asked the question , Gibby replied, well it would depend if she was crowding the plate, and if there were runners on.










Was he great, no, was a world series hero, no. Was he my favorite Blue Jay, you bet your ass he was. No one , save for Halladay has ever equaled his intensity. Was he a pain in the ass, sure as, well enough of about that. Taking him out of a game was admitting failure, and he rarely wanted to admit failure. He had one helluva slider, and he had out pitches, more than he usually needed. I believe that if he had Henke & Ward in the time he was starting, and just a smidgen of offense, 2-3 20 win seasons were very possible.








Just in case we decide a 5 man rotation is needed, I will have Wilbur the Wonder Arm, Wilbur Wood, the left handled knuckler, who could start, relieve, pitch over 250 innings, whatever you need, the Chi Sox lefty could deliver.








In the pen, well I am going to give you 3, and the next blog will be the players by position, and the manager.

Rollie Fingers
Tom Henke
Tug McGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment