Monday, February 14, 2011

Jose can you see....the money

Back it up, for Jose.
Back up the Brinks truck, according to Bautista's agent, Bean Stringfellow. I just wanted to write his agent's name, because it is so neat to see it in print. Bean Stringfellow is Jose Bautista's agent, and his name reminds me of a character straight out of Sleepy Hollow.

Anyhow, I digress, but to the point where we now have Bautista's last comments on the record. If we end up in arbritration, then I am testing the free agent waters. Well we will see as there is scant hours left before the hearing. Would I be shocked if he signed a long term deal, yes, I am afraid I would. I said as much a few weeks ago, he can gurarantee himself a huge payday with another stand out offensive barrage this season. Hey. it is the business of baseball, and that is fine with me. That is what the players fought for, it's their right.

However it impacts my team, so not a huge fan if he bolts at year's end, and let him walk, well not a big fan of getting a sandwich pick in 2012, let's put it that way.

As for what happens if he wins or loses his case, he plans on playing out the string ( no pun intended on his agent's name ), but I would be hoping then for great half season, then moving him for whatever you can get.

I don't think that using that time period between the end of the season and free agency if he's hit 45 long bombs will turn into a contract. Bean Stringfellow will encourage him to give all the teams a shot, hoping for that 5-6 year boffo deal.

Someone asked me who would want him, and to that I would say, if you had hit 54 homers, then another 45 long flies, the line forms to the right, it's everbody, until Bautista eliminates the pretenders, like the Pirates, Royals, Rays, Marlins, and any other team with no ability to add payroll.

There are still a few hours as of writing this blog for a deal to be struck, so there is still a possibility the Jays cave in, because that appears to be what has to happen. If not, we will be all on Bautista trade watch until the deadline of July 31st.

Oh and I found a picture the Beaner, looks like he laced em up in the minors.

The Agent in Question

No comments:

Post a Comment