Thursday, February 17, 2011

Last salvo on the Bautista saga

Man on the street

So as we likely are anticipating, a 5 pm press announcement that Jose has re-upped for an additional 5 years ( estimated ) for something smelling like $65 million bananas.  Wow, that's a lot of cabbage too.

So we headed out to ask the man on the street what they thought of this deal.

" So, random stranger, what do yoiu think ?"
" Says Luke S ( no relation to Luke Sampson ) . it's my worst nightmare."
" Why do say that, random stranger, Luke ?"
" They just spent all the money they saved on Wells contract and have no way of knowing if Bautista can repeat those numbers, I mean it's not my money, but we could have seen what he did, and decide to bid when became a free agent"

So there you have random stranger Luke S., let's talk to these 2 fine upstanding gentlemen, "Hello guys, mind if we ask you about about the Jays extending Jose ?".

Guy #1 - " It's fabulous, jays gonna win 100 games, the pennant and the World Series" " Whoa there, calm down random guy - M Dc"

Guy# 1- " Look we have all the parts, now we have a true clean up hitter locked up, it's incredible "

               " So you are  not worried about wasting the money to chase Albert Pujols ?"  " Well we'll get him next year, says random Guy, # 1 .

"Okay, how about you sir ?, What do you think, a waste of money, or well spent " 

"Well, well, I wanta wait and see what else they do, I wanna wait & see if something else happens, ultimately I just wanna wait and see.....ya know, " " Thanks B D, for those candid comments "

Okay, here is another random stranger, Guy # 3, " Are you a fan of the Jays ?"

Guy # 3 " Well sorta, I am more of a hockey fan, but since I have been reading this guys blog, we'll my knowledge and baseball interest has really been sparked " " I think it's pretty good, I won't sit on the fence like some people so I will say I am truly 50 % happy about the deal."

" Wow, that shows true committment, can you predict how many games they will win ?"

"C'mon man, ( random interviewee Petey Pete ) one question at a time"


So there you you have it, a mixed bag of responses, from loving it to hating, and having nightmares over it.

Fans on the street have their say, and we'll see who was right in the end, back tot he studio, and we're out.

Thanks random guys ,

No comments:

Post a Comment