Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Time

As I walk the dog each morning, on the back paths of Meadowvale, I hear cardinals chirping to each other.

I think they are probably seeking mates, food, attention, but to me, they signal spring arriving.

Of course today it is snowing, but after a 17 degree Wednesday, one can hardly mind the inconvenience of the white stuff.

Certainly it matters not to the birds, they know what the calendar says, and they know the changing of the seasons better that human folk.

It is also when with Mitch, in tow, that I plan my baseball strategies, of whom should I draft, what options are there.  I whistle and the cardinals reply, the dog thinks I am nuts, but it is my ritual, and I adhere to it.

I also bought a news Jays cap, and so the stars are aligned towards Opening Day with friends to watch the home team play the Indians.  My 5 baseball fantasy teams get slowly assembled, and I follow all the stories, the injuries, the projections to give me the best chance.

I confer with outposts in Sudbury ( Kev ) and Thunder Bay ( Glen ), to London ( Brad ) and the nations capital ( Rick ). Even the left coast ( Brad L ) and we talk and kibbitz about spring training, and what has everyone seen and heard. 

Spring is here, let's start talking baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment