Friday, July 3, 2009

It's Alive


Greetings & Salutations,

First order of business is to say a big thanks to Clark who gave me the idea to write down my baseball/sports ramblings in a more uniform manner.
Whether many actual read my personal memories, and current observations on baseball and other sports is not anything I can control.

If you do, thank for taking the time. For me, I just need the venue to vent, and reflect
The picture to the right is one taken outside the Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame, my son and I ventured down there 4 years ago, with a side trip to watch 2 Syracuse Chiefs games.

It was a great moment for me, to see the old uniforms, gloves, and equipment. For those of you that have ever watched the Ken Burns Documentary called Baseball, you will know why.

Second order of business is today's topic, Topps 1971 baseball cards. These were my favorite set growing up, here are a few ( Johnny Bench and Thurman Munson ).

After years of searching to replace these cards, yes, mom tossed them away when we moved to Scarborough, I just recently finished my search to reacquire the complete 715 card set. It took me about 7 years of card shows, and e-bay purchases to bring it all home.

As the Jays face the Yankees in New York, I will likely be spending some time reflecting on some of the old Jays/Yankees series and memories.

See you all at the ballpark !

No comments:

Post a Comment