Saturday, June 19, 2010

Take yourself out to the Ball Game



Happy Father's Day







To all the Fathers out there, the soon to be fathers ( right Joe ) and grampas as well ( my ol' pal Brian ) .



And to my Dad, who always had time after working all day to have a catch with his son, thanks Dad, hope you have many more.



Oh, and thanks to Aaron Hill who ( with his father in the audience today ) cranked a 2 out big fly in the bottom of the 8th against Matt Cain.

A Game winning blast, by the way.





I was going to write about Ken Griffey jr and his father, the only father and son to ever hit back to back jacks, but I am going to devote a 2 part blog to the career of a first ballot HOF.







Today I wanted to also acknowledge that I am a very very proud father of 2 wonderful kids who I adore. My son, the first to graduate from post secondary world, and my baby, my daughter who is such a treat. Wring out your hankies, it's now back to baseball.







Can I ask a question to the fans of the Blue Jays ?







Where the hell are you, this weekend you have no NBA, no Stanley Cup, and the G 20 is a week away, and you get the San Fran Giants send Zito and Cain to the mound, and we get 20,000 fans ! The team , our team has not collapsed, yes, they struggled out west but they are still nicely above .500 and Jesse Litcsh just tossed 7 shut out innings so I mean c'mon fans, start turning those turnstiles.






Weather is great, you have a winning team, and no excuses.

Thanks Dad for always being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment