Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Drug Culture

In the 2000's, we have moved so far away from where we were in evaluating players stats, it is ridculous. How does one vote in to the Hall anyone who played from 1995 to 2010, a 15 year block that I defy anyone to proove who was clean.





  We used to measure the ounces in a bat to determine if a player was making better or worse contact or power and now we measure how much PED contributed to his 40 home run season. 

This year, we have 2 individuals who garner a lot of attention, messers Raul Ibanez at age 42 smacking 22 hrs at the break, and Chris Davis of the Orioles, who has launched 37 long flies. Or have I missed any ?  I would love to believe Ibanez is having a renaissance like year, but I mean at 42, with all that has been proven, and masking agents, are there suspicions, there are of course. 

I saw raw power potential from Chris Davis a few years back, but he was an undisciplined hitter, striking out 180 times a year, and not walking much. He walks a lot now, because pitchers fear his abilities. 

Baseball's evolved, over the past 2 decades, and I hope we can reverse the process.

Back to pure game talk soon, I hate this brief period of dead air, let's play ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment