Friday, July 26, 2013

Oh Lord won't you but me a Mercedes Benz


Once I latch onto a song title, it stays in my head for a long time, so forgive the Janis Joplin refernce.

On my last legs before vacation, and some serious beer and baseball time.

The deadline for non waiver trades is a -coming and I am looking for all the action on that front.

If you think I picked this picture for a reason, I am sorry to inform you, I just liked these guys.


Sometimes it seems in life we are pushing a 3 wheeled wagon up a steep hill. Seems that way for the Blue Jays, we shall see if they are dealers next week.

Garza, Soriano all moved off the Cubsies, more to follow I expect, and the Brewers are shopping Gallardo, although a pitcher of his talent I don't know why.

I excpect the Red Sox and Angels and the Tigers to be buyers come July 31st, and in the National league, sadly without Tim Hudson, the Braves need a starter. I think the D-Backs to dabble, I think the Dodgers are done and are likely to continue this run.
The Cards and Pirates will add on a reliever or two, but nothing significant, as both feel confident.

The intersting thing will be if Rangers have Nelson Cruz suspended and A'ds lose Colon in the same manner. The A's traditionally are not big buyers due to budget, but don't have asmuch to promote this year.
The Rangers can always be counted on to react and add what they need, as they did with Garza.

I am shutting down the laptop soon, and headinghome, but I will keep the blogs coming.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment